Tuesday 17 August 2010

Day 41 - Tuesday 17th August 2010


What a day - got a new haircut ! Hope you like it.

Feeling reasonably okay today too. No sign of the side effects so far ... so let's keep it going.

At times like this it is inevitable that thoughts turn to anything and everything. Biggie question ... is there something else after life here? Well, I know that those with religion, including my husband, will say for sure there is. For me - as Maurice says "the biggest atheist he knows" he says it is far too late for me to be thinking about taking on religion, and I accept that of course. It would be nice to think there was something more though. My Dad died at home and I remember when I went in to see him after he had left us, it was quite strange in that his empty body shell was laying on the bed but there seemed to be something missing - his spirit and soul had left perhaps.

My Dad was a keen gardener and used to dig the garden often. Of course, Robins are likely to be around when gardeners are digging the garden, that's not news. I have always wished that my Dad could have seen me settled with Maurice and of course Toby and Cory - how he would have loved them. Strange but true that since we have lived in this house, more than a little regularly I see a Robin in the garden - just when I happen to look out of the window - I never look for them but they just appear - often. At the risk of you thinking that I have lost the plot(!) I like to think that is a sign from my Dad that he knows and that is comforting to me. Just as an aside - in the radiotherapy unit there is a TV screen showing different scenes and wildlife and guess what came up - you got it - Robins!


Photo: Tuesday 17th August 2010 - my new haircut - taken by Toby

No comments:

Post a Comment