Thursday 12 August 2010

Day 36 - Thursday 12th August 2010


8 out of 10 radiotherapy sessions done - only two to go now - on the home straight.

Update: Kings have declined to perform the biopsy to confirm whether the tumours are melanoma or breast cancer. Without the confirmation there is no possibility of getting the new drug that treats brain tumours. Having said that, the drug would only give up to 4 months respite anyway. Would I really want to put myself through all the trauma for that? I don't think so.
Results of Bone scan - clear. That's good. CT scan showed small tumour to lung - about a centimetre. What did I say? Worried about it being elsewhere? Why am I always so damn right! However, it is the brain tumours that will kill me, so a little ole tumour on the lung really isn't much to worry about now is it?
Have been told I will have another scan in a couple of months to check out the status of the brain tumours.

This blog. As you know I had the idea of this blog only really as a record for Maurice and the boys to keep. It would seem that almost everyday I am finding out that more and more people are reading it. I find it truly amazing that anyone outside of my immediate family and friends would find anything I have to say even remotely interesting. It is comforting to me to know that so many people care and I know Maurice draws comfort from it too.


Photo: February 2009 - Toby & Cory in Egypt

No comments:

Post a Comment