Tuesday 3 August 2010

Day 27 - Tuesday 3rd August 2010


Well, I guess you are wondering how it went today. Before I go into that, there's something else I must say first ...

I continue to be overwhelmed by the messages of support and outpouring of offers of help and I have received way too many to mention individually. I am very conscious that I have not responded to all that have been sent - please forgive me - but be assured that I totally and wholeheartedly appreciate every message and offer that has been sent. It is truly heartwarming and comforting to know that I have such caring people around me.

Now, back to today. Day one of radiotherapy over. Nine more treatments over the next nine days - a total of ten zaps. The whole brain is zapped, not just the tumours. Encouraging that there are different levels of treatment and I am considered well/healthy/young(!) enough to have the more aggressive 10 days of treatment in one hit. How about that then? Some patients have to stretch the sessions over more time to cope with the dosage. The major drawback is complete hairloss ! Not again! Thinking this time I might invest in a wig and have the hair I always wanted. What colour? Oh, I am so tempted.

So how do I feel after Day One? Very tired but glad to be getting on with it now.
Bone Scan on Friday and MRI Scan to head on 11th.

Roll on tomorrow for Day Two.

Photo: Valentine's Day 2010 - Towel Art - Egypt

No comments:

Post a Comment