Thursday 5 August 2010

Day 29 - Thursday 5th August 2010


A bit of a mixed day today as you will see ...

First of all had a great night's sleep last night, thanks to my hubby who spoke to the doctor about my night sleep pattern - waking through the night. I tried a magic pill that knocked me out and kept me out for most of the night and I felt much better rested this morning. It worked so fast that I couldn't even remember getting into bed!

Coupled with that, it would seem the double dose of steroids has finally started kicking in and I am feeling less dizzy, unbalanced and unsteady on my feet - not quite up to dancing yet but where there's movement, there's always hope !

Went for Day three of radiotherapy and got that ticked off. 7 more to go.

The one downside today was that Maidstone Borough Council issued a Press Release stating that all contact with my four Councils until further notice should be via the relevant Chairmen. Didn't know that was coming but I am taking that as a heartfelt helpful gesture from my Councils to try and make life a little easier while I work my notice. However, I then got a call from the Downs Mail trying to get the story !!!!!! Can you believe the Press? Needless to say I sent them away with a flea in their ear telling them to act on the Release - no story from me.

Big day tomorrow, Bone scan. Definitely going to take another magic pill tonight.

Photo: February 2009 - Toby & Cory in Egypt

1 comment: