Monday 16 August 2010

Day 40 - Monday 16th August 2010


Done it, made it, last radiotherapy session today - yippeeedooooooo. Feels so good to get that over with. Am told side effects will kick in now - nausea and headaches mainly.
Whoa! Hair is falling out in handfuls! Good job I have an appointment at Carpenters in Maidstone tomorrow morning to look at some wigs - looks like that was a timely move.

Now, while everyone has been so supportive and the offers of help have been overwhelmingly generous, I want to say a special thank you to my friend Janet who has taken me to the hospital everyday for the past two weeks. I could have had hospital transport but she cleared her diary so that she could take me and I must admit it has been lovely travelling with a friend to the dreadful "zap zone".


Photo: Monday 16th August 2010 - Last hospital trip

No comments:

Post a Comment