Wednesday 11 August 2010

Day 35 - Wednesday 11th August 2010


Three weeks since I was given the news of the tumours. Three weeks. It sure seems longer than that.

Well, what a day it's been today. Of course the usual radiotherapy appointment - No. 7 done and dusted - just three to go now. MRI scan to head today too. Once again there were problems finding a suitable vein in which to put the canula for the contrast they needed to put in for the scan. And hey what a really noisy machine! Spent 20 minutes in a very confined space with very loud noise that sounded like roadworks and banging. I was even given ear plugs and they did practically zilch - crazy machine.
Once that was over and bearing in mind my full body CT scan was scheduled for tomorrow with yet another canula needed, I asked if they could leave the canula in overnight - great idea I thought! Straight away I was told I couldn't leave the hospital with the canula in, so unrelenting I asked another nurse to check. She checked my schedule and called the CT scan suite and guess what? Got me in for the CT scan today! Didn't expect that, but am now such a pleased bunny that they have both been done. Got to say they have made a real mess of my hand where the canula went in but the swelling and bruising will improve soon enough.

A little apprehensive about results from the scans - really don't want to find any further intrusion anywhere else now do we? And if there is? As Maurice says - how much worse can it get? Well, he's right of course.

So, looking forward now to the end of treatment, just three radiotherapy sessions to go and finished. Yippeedooooo.

Oh and don't forget Ugly Betty is back on tonight too - 9pm E4 - one of my faves.


Photo: Sunday 8th August 2010


NOTE: © All rights reserved. Any unauthorised copying or reproduction of this blog will constitute an infringement of copyright.

No comments:

Post a Comment