Saturday 7 August 2010

Day 31 - Saturday 7th August 2010


One month since the beginning.

It is lovely not having to go to hospital for a couple of days.

I washed my hair today ! Now, in the whole scheme of things that may not seem like big news at all. However, I was told that if I washed my hair I could only use mild shampoo and absolutely no other products as they may react with the treatment. Now girls you know that to style your hair you need products! So me being me and never one to do as I am told decided that if I wasn't going to have treatment for a couple of days, surely a little bit of mousse wouldn't hurt - I can take the consequences later. Oh it feels so much better now.

I have been told that the side effects of the radiotherapy will probably be more evident towards the end of the 10-day treatment and, because it carries on working, for a following two weeks after that. Side effects are hair loss (!) and itchy scalp, neurological problems such as mood swings, memory loss and headaches. Wow, can't wait.

To be honest, I have already noticed that I am very short-tempered and don't have a lot of patience - a bit snappy. In fact I was very rude to someone who phoned the other night at 9.30pm about Parish business and felt so bad had to call back the next day to apologise!

Toby has spent the day with friends today and Cory helped me make a cake.

So for the moment I have lovely clean hair and am sitting with a glass of bubbly, waiting for the cake to finish baking - definitely going to have a piece later.

Photo: Saturday 7th August - taken by Cory

No comments:

Post a Comment