Thursday 2 September 2010

Day 57 - Thursday 2nd September 2010


Music. Now there's a subject. Pleased to say that I have prepared my playlist for Saturday - an upbeat mix of old and new.
You will surely agree that music is an important medium in all our lives. It can lift your spirits and of course make you cry. We all have different music tastes of course and I for one have very diverse tastes from my favourite Film Soundtrack - "Out of Africa" - to Motown (well I grew up with the sound of Motown) and to the ultimate extreme - Pink! Pink has the amazing talent of being able to put her heart and soul into her lyrics and coupled with the great music - I for one am hooked. I was privileged enough to be able to see Pink's Funhouse Tour at the O2 last December. I have to say it was the best show I have ever seen - no really - ever seen. A full on Show with a full troup of acrobats - plus Pink singing while performing acrobatics too - just amazing! When it was over I could have gone back in and seen it all over again, and again, and again. Well, I suppose then, you could say that there is one thing that I would like to do again - see another Pink concert. But expect that really isn't going to happen as that was a World Tour and the expectation is perhaps another tour in a year or so - boo hoo.

The very last track at the Pink Funhouse Tour Concert was the stunning "Glitter in the Air". The last couple of lines :

Have you ever wished for an endless night?
Lassoed the moon and the stars and held that rope tight
Have you every held your breath and asked yourself
Will it ever get better than tonight?


Have you ever? I certainly have and do.

Photo: Pink Funhouse Tour at O2 - December 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment