Saturday 31 July 2010

Day 24 - Saturday 31st July 2010


As you know we have been away for the past week. The break had been arranged sometime ago and we spent a week in Dorset. I really didn't want to come home today. The time away has been just idyllic with full-on time with my three fellas. I have totally enjoyed the break and it wasn't until we were heading back home to reality that I realised that I had been living a kind of surreal time away from my real world where it was almost possible - just - to pretend this wasn't really happening.

Now we are back home and I have to resign myself to all that will go with it - confined to barracks - no driving - trying not to do too much (those that know me well will know that it a ridiculous thing to say to me) and just getting through the days, weeks and months ahead in the best way that I can. Hopefully when the post arrives on Monday, I will get some clues to when radiotherapy is scheduled to begin.

Hoping to get a more restful night's sleep back in my own bed tonight.


Photo: Friday 30th July 2010 at Wimborne Minster

No comments:

Post a Comment