Sunday 25 July 2010

Day 18 - Sunday 25th July 2010


I can't really believe it is only four days since I was given the news, it feels like I have been to hell and back a million times already! A real rollercoaster of emotions, mainly centred around my beautiful boys and trying to make the most of every moment with them.

Seems in this blog I haven't said much about my wonderful husband yet. He is my rock and soulmate and I know he is struggling with it all too. The fact that his first wife died from breast cancer is just uncanny and unbelieveable that lightning has struck again - that's not supposed to happen is it? In fact when Mrs Jones at the Breast Clinic gave us the news five years ago that I would need a mastectomy, her actual words to Maurice were that she knew that his first wife had died of the disease but that this time the result would not be the same. There sure is no guarantee in life is there.

Guess what? No seizure again today and not much of a headache either. If it wasn't for the fact that my arm is still numb, I could almost kid myself I was okay and pretend this wasn't happening.

Maurice and I went to a super gathering at a friend's house a few weeks ago - had a great time and thought we might have a party ourselves but dismissed it at the time. But we are now thinking about arranging a get together to see everyone I care about - not a party exactly - well what would there to be to celebrate? But it would be lovely to see everyone. Watch this space.


Photo: June 2010 - With Sandy at Sally's Party

No comments:

Post a Comment