Saturday 24 July 2010

Day 17 - Saturday 24th July 2010



So when was the last time you looked at something and really saw it? In this fast pace world that we live in it is so easy to rush from one thing to the next and not pay much attention to what is around us. I must have been rushing around for years oblivious to everything but my eyes are wide open now and it's almost as if I am seeing everything for the first time again. Have you taken a look outside and up lately - the countryside is lovely and sky so beautiful. If you really look at something you can see how wonderful it is and that goes for everyone around you too.

We all must have had those conversations "What would you do if you only had a short time to live?" What did you say? Go round the world? Cruise? Visit some amazing place? I know I probably said something similar. Now faced with the reality - know what? I don't really feel the need to do any of those off the wall things - I am happy being right here with all the people I care about around me - that has to be the best way to spend my time.

It is very weird not having feeling in my left arm and typing this blog is not easy at all as the signals about what keys to hit do not seem to be arriving at the fingertips ! Seems those tumours on the right side of my brain are still putting pressure and restricting the signals. Hope that the steroids work a little better in reducing the swelling and I get some feeling back soon.

Well it is now 6pm and I haven't had a seizure yet today. That's two days running - at this rate I can ask for my driving licence back in 1 year and 363 days time. That's positive thinking!

Photo: February 2010 - Happy holiday time in Egypt

No comments:

Post a Comment