Monday 26 July 2010

Day 19 - Monday 26th July 2010


Didn't have a particularly good night's sleep last night, so have been very tired today. Nevertheless spent a lovely day with Maurice's sister and her husband and Toby got a new mobile phone from his Grandad Maurice for passing the 11+ and getting a place at Maidstone Grammar School.

Been thinking about my Mum today. Firstly because she has been into hospital for a hysterectomy to remove cancer in the womb! Have spoken to her and all is well, she will be home tomorrow.

But secondly, as a woman, I believe one of the most precious gifts in life is having a child and becoming a mother. I certainly did not appreciate the love that you could have for your own child as before I met my husband some 15 years ago I had no desire for children. But of course that has all changed and I have been blessed with two beautiful boys. The thought of losing one of them does not bear thinking about. I can remember when my father died over twenty years ago now, my Nan saying "you don't expect your child to go before you". Well that brings me back to my Mum and I know that she must be having a hard time with my journey too.

One good point - no seizure again today. Well at this rate I may have to seriously re-consider whether I sell the little red sports car or not. I may yet be able to drive sooner than I thought. Just need to still be around in two years time and hey presto ! Positive thinking girl !


Photo: February 2010 - My boys undercover in Egypt

1 comment:

  1. I am sure most of your followers, like me, find reading your journey is quite difficult as it pulls at the heart strings, but it is something we feel has to be read. It would be upsetting enough reading it and not knowing you Vikki but, having married into your family, I find I cannot adequately put into words my own feelings as well as you do. As you said recent events make you change your whole perspective on life. I too look at my world in a totally different way now and feel very lucky and almost guilty that I am ok when I read what you and your immediate family are having to face. Not much else to say but we are all there for you Vikki and your family whenever you feel we are needed or could do anything to help.

    ReplyDelete