Wednesday 28 July 2010

Day 21 - Wednesday 28th July 2010


Well, guess today is the first milestone, albeit small. It has been one week since I received the news of the brain tumours. One whole week ! It seems like a lifetime, but hey if all the days and weeks ahead go this slow, I will be grateful for every minute.

Have been a bit tearful today. Surely I am allowed to be like this every now and then? Just thinking about everything and looking at the family around me - it just doesn't seem possible that I won't see their faces every day sometime soon.

Going around doing normal things it really isn't possible to know what is going on in people's lives. You cannot tell just by looking can you? Seeing everything going on around me just as it normally does, I feel like I am on a different planet almost, looking in from the outside and so wanting to join in and be normal.

The unbalanced feeling was very apparent today and it's like I am on a boat and not able to stand steady. I have been worried that the feeling may be down to the tumours progressing but a call to the Doctors has revealed that sometimes with the tumours reducing that feeling can come to the fore. I may need more drugs to control it - oh yippeedooo !



Photo: Wednesday 28th July at Avon Beach, Christchurch - taken by Toby


NOTE: © All rights reserved. Any unauthorised copying or reproduction of this blog will constitute an infringement of copyright.

No comments:

Post a Comment