Thursday 29 July 2010

Day 22 - Thursday 29th July 2010


Got a marginally better night's sleep last night, but still room for a lot of improvement on that score. While I believe it must be good not to have had any seizures/fits for a while, the problem with the numbness continues with almost all the left arm, up neck to just above ear and down left side including shoulder-blade to waist. It is very disconcerting not to be able to feel where your arm is and not having total control of it. I am wondering if I will get the feeling back or not.

Thought it would be a good idea for the boys to take photos, so have upgraded Cory's camera, so now both boys have super cameras to take super snaps and hopefully some will appear on here.

Have also started looking around for two keepsake boxes so they can be filled with some "things" of mine so that the boys will have something to look at in the future - not sure yet what will go in them but at least the idea has been hatched.

Been thinking of what will need to be done to get everything in order and there really is loads to do - admin mainly for the running of the house and family.

Before that I will need to handover to the new Clerks for all four Councils before I leave at the end of October and hopefully with the adverts for the vacancy being placed this week there will be some applications coming in soon. As a forward planner I am so glad I have already prepared the budget packages for all Councils that will need to be completed at the end of this year and I even prepared the end of year (31st March 2011) accounts too as far as I could, so whoever takes over should find it relatively simple to pick up and run with - at least for the first year. I really hope my Councils find someone who is competent and capable.


Photo: Wednesday 28th July 2010 at Avon Beach, Christchurch - taken by Cory

No comments:

Post a Comment