Friday 8 October 2010

Day 93 - Friday 8th October 2010

Well I have been somewhat neglectful of my blog but there has been a lot going on too so I hope to bring you up to date now.

Since the biopsy I have had quite a lot of pain in my left shoulder that I put down to the biopsy but as the days move on I realise actually it may well be cancer on my lung. Maurice tells me that the morphine feed is ready when necessary. As far as I aam concerned the start of morphine is the start of the slippery slope and I will avoid it until it is absolutely the last possible option.

At the moment co-codomol is fitting the bill, so let's see how we go.

My mobility has deteriorated substantially in that I cannot even get to the front door if anyone calls by!

Have had visits from the District Nurse. Occupational Therapist and Macmillan, the result of which is a hospital bed that has been put downstairs because I have trouble getting upstairs, a comode and a care plan that will start on Saturday when carers will come in four times a day - that will give Maurice some breathing space. The bed is amazing, moves all ways - am thinking of putting on a show and selling tickets - ha ha ha.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Vikki, Good to hear that you are in good spirits and you are getting help for you and Maurice, i know how you love this time of year so am hoping you can see the window from where you are as the changing colour of the trees is amazing to see!! Co-codomol is pretty strong but don't put up with pain have morgne if you need it take care and i will try and pop up next week if you feel up to it XX

    ReplyDelete